How to optimize video automatically on Facebook?
28 September 2022
With many social media platforms now actively pushing video content over static posts, it is absolutely essential that if you want to focus on promoting the brand you look at making sure that your video content is suitable for consumption. Videos that aren’t aesthetically pleasing to the eye or take too long to load or are low quality are more likely to receive low levels of engagement.
How do you optimize your videos so they’ll reach people on Facebook as efficiently as possible?
1) Be sure to upload your video directly to Facebook instead of copying and pasting a URL that could potentially redirect the viewer to another page. Facebook optimizes content that can be played directly on the page. These posts are said to have a huge 186% rate of interaction with videos that are linked in a post.
2) Be sure to utilize captions! Not only is this an essential feature for those who have audio impairments, but it is also a useful feature for those who don’t want to play the video out loud for a certain reason. 85% of Facebook videos are viewed with the sound off. Therefore, your video has to also work without audio accompaniment.
3) These days people have a very short attention span when it comes to video so it is important to get straight to the core of the video and avoid wasting time with too much text or brand introduction at the start of the clip!
4) Try HD video: Upload HD video for higher quality video playback. As mentioned previously, a video that is glitchy or has low quality is less likely to be watched so please ensure that your recording device allows for HD recordings!
5) When titling your Facebook video, be sure that it is clear and not too text-heavy! The title gets cut off at 30 characters so put the most relevant information upfront. Also, include major keywords people may search for that would be interested in your video!
6) Avoid posting videos that are too long as viewers are likely to click off. Thanks to apps like TikTok, content that is easier to digest is more favored. Depending on what you want to post, aim to at least make it under 2 minutes!
7) Take some time to consider how you want your audience to interact with the video. Studies have shown us that viewers respond better to video that is vertical. This means that you can make your content more immersive by taking up more space on the screen.
8) Consider working with a professional team for video creation – If you’d like to up your Facebook video strategy it may be worth working with a team of people who specialize in this. That way you can leave the hard part to them and watch your engagement grow!
We hope this post has provided you with some tips on how to get started with optimizing your videos on Facebook. If you have any further questions or if you would like us to go into more depth about any of the above, we’d be happy to help! Drop us a line!
Do you like watching visual content on Youtube?