PLATFORM UPDATE: Broadcast Channels on Facebook and Messenger 📣
6 November 2023
Social media is an essential tool for dental practices looking to reach and engage with new and existing patients. But with so many different platforms and features available, it can be difficult to know where to start.
One of the newest and most exciting features on Facebook is broadcast channels. Broadcast channels allow creators with Pages on Facebook to directly reach and connect with their followers through one-to-many messaging.
Broadcast channels function a bit like giant but limited group chats, the conversation only goes one way. Creators and brands can share things like voice notes, polls, text posts, videos and photos to anyone who joins. Channel members will recieve a push notification whenever new content is published.
This is a great way for dental practices to:
- Get instant feedback from patients on new treatments, services, and promotions
- Share behind-the-scenes content, such as photos and videos of the team, practice, and patients
- Offer exclusive content and promotions to subscribers
- Run contests and giveaways
- Provide educational content about dental health and hygiene
How It Works:
To start a broadcast channel, you must manage a Page on Facebook in a market where broadcast channels are currently available. Once you have created a channel, you can invite your followers to join by sharing a link or inviting them directly from your Page.
Only the creator of the channel can send messages, but members of the broadcast channel can react to messages and vote in polls.
Tips for Dental Practices:
Here are some tips for creating successful broadcast channels on social media for dental practices:
- Promote your channel on your website and social media pages.
- Offer exclusive content and promotions to your subscribers – you need to give them something different than the normal content on your feed.
- You can send urgent updates, e.g. in case of road closures or comms issues.
- You can let your subscribers know of advance special offers as a reward for being part of your exclusive broadcast community.
By following these tips, you can create a broadcast channel that will help you engage with your patients more deeply and build a stronger community.
Interested in learning more: Book a call with one of our team here.