Use Instagram Reels to Attract New Patients
31 October 2023
Forward thinking dental practices are using Instagram Reels to reach a new audience and promote your dental practice. In this blog post, we’ll share some tips on how to create engaging and informative Reels that will attract new patients.
Blog section outline:
- What are Instagram Reels?
- Why should dentists use Instagram Reels to attract new patients?
- How to create engaging Instagram Reels for your dental practice
- Tips for promoting your Reels to a wider audience
What are Instagram Reels?
First launched in the US in 2020, and then rolled out to the UK in 2022, Instagram Reels are short, fun and engaging vertical videos. Instagram Reels are a powerful tool for content creators, brands, and businesses to engage with their audience, showcase their creativity, and boost conversions. But with millions of Reels being posted every day, it can be tough to stand out from the crowd. Reels can be used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Showcase your work or products.
- Share educational content.
- Promote your brand or business.
- Connect with your audience on a personal level.
Reels are a perfect medium for showcasing your dental practice in a fun and creative way.
Why should dentists use Instagram Reels to attract new patients?
If you are actively trying to grow your Instagram audience, we strongly recommend that you implement Reels into your content strategy. Reels are so good at reaching a new audience on IG for a few reasons:
Reels Explore page. The Reels Explore page is a dedicated feed where users can discover new Reels from creators they don’t follow. This is a great way for practices and individuals to reach people who are interested in the type of content they create, even if they’re not already following them.
They can be shared to Stories. When you share a Reel to your Stories, it can be seen by all of your followers, even if they don’t follow the Reels Explore page. This is a great way to reach a wider audience and promote your Reels.
They can be used with relevant hashtags. When you use relevant hashtags in your Reels, they can be found by people who are searching for those hashtags. This is a great way to reach people who are interested in the topics that you’re covering in your Reels.
- They are engaging and visually appealing. Reels easy to consume, which makes them more likely to be watched and shared by users.
How to create engaging Instagram Reels for your dental practice:
- Be creative and have fun! Reels are all about showing off your personality and your dental practice’s unique culture. Try to breathe your team’s personality into every Reel for that extra special touch.
- Use high-quality video and audio. Reels should be visually appealing and easy to understand. One of the main things about eye-catching content is the quality of the video content itself. 📽 The more crisp the content, the more professional not only does the video look, but YOU look. 📸 Have you ever noticed how much longer you engage on reels if they are perfect quality, yet if the picture was fuzzy, you would associate that with unprofessionalism and swipe off. ❎ Quality COUNTS. ✨ This post walks you through how to set up your phone for the best video quality:
Use hashtags. There is plenty of debate about the number of hashtags to use on your content, is it 3, 4 or more?! We advise all of our clients to use the maximum number of hashtags available, and use them as keywords. They need to relevant to the topic of the post, this allows the algorithm to understand who to show your content to.
- Add a call to action. Tell people what you want them to do after watching your Reel, such as follow for more, save the post or even visit your website or book an appointment.
How to get more views and engagement on your Instagram Reels.
Lead with a strong hook
The first few seconds of your Reel are crucial in grabbing viewers’ attention. Use the beginning of your Reel to immediately pique curiosity or spark interest. You’ll want to create Reels content that involves a narrative and tells a story starting from your very first frame.
- Here are some popular hooks you can use on your Reels : https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx9_UeANgue
Use a pre-trending audio
Where would your Reels be without trending audio? Using trending audio in your Instagram Reels can help increase their discoverability and appeal to a wider audience, where they’ll be boosted in Instagram’s algorithm and end up on users’ explore pages of the Reels tab, even if they’re not following you. Meaning more eyes for your content!
- What exactly is a trending audio, and when is the best time to use it? You can use the Explore page and Reels tab to discover popular audios that are currently trending. We try to use ‘pre-trending’ audio in our content, ideally under 1k uses.
We regularly share trending and pre-trending audios in our Facebook group – Click here to join Incorporating them into your Reels videos can help attract new viewers who are actively engaging with similar content.
Use captions and text overlays
- Have you heard of social SEO? In case you’re not up to speed, social SEO is used to optimize your social media content for maximum reach and engagement. That means you’ve got to add text-based elements to your Instagram Reels which helps people browsing find your content with ease.
- So, how do you optimize your Reels content to increase your visibility? If you’re speaking in your Reels, make sure to say your SEO keywords in the video and use Instagram’s auto-generated caption feature to ensure your keywords appear in the overlays of your Reels.
- That way you’re not only optimizing your content for social SEO but ensuring your content is as inclusive and accessible to a wider and diverse audience as possible.
Now go forth and create some amazing Reels for your dental practice!